The efficiency rating on an air conditioner indicates how well the unit converts its electrical power into cooling output. The higher the number, the more efficient the system is, meaning it wastes less energy and costs less to run. Thirteen is the minimum rating, while 20-23 indicate a highly efficient unit.
When your furnace fails to turn on, it can be due to several issues, including a problem with a sensor. If your furnace is not turning on, call us to let our experts inspect your unit.
If your furnace stops working, our technicians at Crowe’s Comfort Solutions recommend troubleshooting the following issues before calling for services:
- Replace the filter: A dirty filter can cause your unit to malfunction, and it can result in lower indoor air quality.
- Check your thermostat: Make sure your thermostat is set to Heating, and also that the batteries are working.
- Check your electrical panel: Check your panel to ensure the circuit didn’t trip.
- Examine your vents: Make sure all of your vents are open and are not obstructed.
If your air conditioner fails to properly cool your house, or is even blowing out warm air, it can indicate that you need to recharge the refrigerant in your AC system. Call us to have our experts inspect your system and check your refrigerant levels.
If your air conditioner breaks down, you might be torn over whether or not you should continue to spend money repairing it or if you need to install a new unit. Some signs that can indicate you should install a new system can include if your utility bills are rising, if your house is not cooling to the set temperature, if the system is leaking, if the unit is making odd noises, and if you’ve made several repairs on the unit recently.
When you buy a new air conditioner for your house, one of the most important decisions you need to make is what size of unit you need to properly cool your property.
Our technicians will consider the square footage of your house, the climate, the number of windows in your home, the quality of your insulation, the number of people living in your house, and other specific factors to your residence.
A ductless mini split AC system can be the right option for your house if:
- Your home doesn’t have a central HVAC system or ductwork installed.
- You want to heat or cool an area that’s not connected to your central system, like the garage.
- You want to install a system that doesn’t use ductwork.
- You want to control the temperature in specific areas of your home.
- You live in an area that doesn’t experience extreme hot or cold temperatures.
Is your air conditioner malfunctioning? Call Crowe’s Comfort Solutions at 912-823-4779 for AC repairs and replacements in Chatham County. We offer straightforward pricing.